These Hawaiian Ham and Pineapple Sliders are an easy appetizer, lunch or dinner with just a few ingredients. Perfect for a potluck barbecue, game day or a fun weeknight meal! Includes step by step recipe video
I am a big fan of ham and pineapple (Ham and Pineapple Skewers anyone?). Actually I’m just a really big fan of pineapple on everything, any way I can get it: in Pineapple Crisp, Pineapple Squares, Pineapple Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce, pineapple allthethings.
Am I alone??
I came up this idea as I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep (it seems all my good ideas come when I’m supposed to be shutting off my brain but just can’t). Because I have seen so many of these sliders around the web and I’ve been itching to come up with my own!
I scribbled the idea down, went out and bought the ingredients, and as I was writing this post I did a quick search. Turns out I am not the first person to think of this, but I am sharing them just because I want to, and because stretchy cheese.
When I went to the store to pick up my groceries for the week, I was looking for some rolls that I could use for these. I was so excited when I found some Hawaiian rolls!
I have been meaning to make my own forever but had never gotten around to it. They seem to be something easily found in the United States, but definitely not here in Canada. So if you can’t seem to find the Hawaiian rolls, regular dinner rolls will do just fine! But if you do fine, they’re totally worth it. That extra sweetness goes so well with the ham and pineapple!
These sliders would be perfect for a potluck or summer barbecue, but they are also great for game day, Superbowl, movie night or a birthday party. Or just any day, because I know any time it’s finger food for dinner here the kids are beyond excited!
Watch the recipe video and see how easy they are to make!
Hawaiian Ham and Pineapple Sliders + RECIPE VIDEO
These Hawaiian Ham and Pineapple Sliders are an easy appetizer, lunch or dinner with just a few ingredients. Perfect for a potluck barbecue, game day or a fun weeknight meal! Includes step by step recipe video. www.thereciperebel.com
- 1 (425g) package Hawaiian rolls
- 6 large slices (120g) mozzarella cheese
- 6-8 large slices (150g) honey ham
- 8-10 pineapple rings (about one 540ml can), drained
- 3 tablespooons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice rolls in half (separating top and bottom), while leaving all the rolls connected (check the video if you're unsure what I mean!). Place bottom half of rolls in an 8x11" baking dish.
- Top with ham slices, pineapple rings (I cut mine in half so they would fit more easily), cheese slices, and top with top half of rolls.
- Combine melted butter, garlic and parsley and pour over rolls evenly, brushing to coat the tops as needed.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until tops are golden brown and cheese is melted. Slice and serve warm.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 188 Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 8g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|