These Cookies ‘n’ Cream Cookies are loaded with chopped Oreos and white chocolate chips — just like the chocolate bars! They are perfectly soft and chewy!
So the Cookies and Cream bars have always been our my favorite chocolate bars — my husband’s too! I knew I had to share this recipe on RecipeGirl last month!
I know there are people out there who don’t really like white chocolate, but I’m totally addicted.
It is so incredible creamy! And I just love the way it pairs with those crunchy little bits of chocolate cookie — totally irresistible!
Last summer I bought a whole bunch of the little mini bars to use for s’mores, and I’m pretty sure those are the best s’mores I’ve ever had. Between those and the peanut butter cups, I’m not sure I can ever go back to plain old chocolate again!
For this recipe I used my mom’s chocolate chip cookie recipe as a base — they are soft but still chewy and never cakey, which is why they’re right up there as one of my favorite cookies! (I mean between those and her Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip and her Double Chocolate Chip it’s a little hard to choose, if you know what I mean! My mom makes the best cookies).
These would make a great addition to those school lunch boxes or holiday baking trays — you can make a pile of them in advance and they freeze just perfectly!
- I always, always bake my cookies on a sheet of parchment paper for easy clean up — I despise washing pots and pans!
- I love freezing extra baked goods in jumbo freezer bags — you can squeeze them in any extra corner of your freezer and they only take up as much room as what’s inside!
Cookies and Cream Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cusps white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Oreos
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl with an electric mixer), cream together butter and sugars.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda and beat on low speed until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll cookie dough into 1½" balls and place about 3" apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (optional -- I just love baking with parchment paper!). Bake for 8-10 (I baked mine 9 exactly) minutes until just starting to brown at the edges (you do not want to overbake! Overbaked cookies will be dry and hard).