These Chipotle Parmesan Potato Wedges are so easy to make — just toss potatoes in some oil and spices, bake until crispy and serve! Perfect for a game day appetizer or dinner side dish! Includes how to recipe video
*You’ll find the giveaway down below the recipe
The day I discovered chipotle powder was pretty life changing.
We don’t use chipotle peppers a lot, and I would always end up with frozen little baggies of chipotle peppers in the freezer that would never get used. I would forget about them, and then I’d be cleaning out the freezer two years later and find a bunch.
If you’re how often my freezer gets cleaned out… yes, it’s probably that pathetic of a situation. Help??
But these potato wedges.
Crispy, and soft on the inside (thanks to the amazing Blushing Belles from The Little Potato Company!) with just enough spice. They would be perfect on their own, as a base for nachos, smothered in cheese sauce, dunked in ranch, or as a side dish alongside some Oven Fried Chicken or a burger (one of the Best Burgers perhaps??).
Potato wedges are something that I wasn’t making very often up until recently. In the past I used a recipe that involved soaking the potatoes first, then drying them, seasoning them, baking them, and it was just a really long process. So I just stopped.
When I decided to give up on all the extra steps and just keep things simple, I was pleasantly surprised! They get nice and crispy (thanks to a high oven temperature) and the parchment makes flipping so easy (also, no clean up!). The chipotle powder adds a smoky, spicy flavor that we love!
*This post is generously sponsored by The Little Potato Company — thank you for supporting brands that help me bring you alllll the crispy potato goodness!
Watch the recipe video!
- ½ (1.5lb/640g) bag Little Potatoes (about 10 potatoes)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¾ teaspoon seasoning salt
- green onions and Ranch dressing for serving, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Quarter potatoes lengthwise and place in a large bowl. Add oil, chipotle pepper, Parmesan and seasoning salt and stir until evenly coated.
- Arrange in a single layer on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Flip each wedge and bake another 5-10 minutes until golden on both sides and tender in the center.
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve with Ranch dressing if desired.
*I'm a bit of a wimp, and I would call these "quite spicy". If you want mild spice, reduce chipotle to ½-3/4 teaspoon.
Thanks to The Little Potato Company for sponsoring this giveaway!
The Little Potato Company wants to give YOU a free month of Little Potatoes —Just leave a comment below telling me how you would enjoy your free Little Potatoes to enter!
Giveaway is open to Canadian or U.S. residents over the age of majority. Giveaway is open from April 9, 2017 until April 16, 2017 at 11:59 pm CST. Winner will be selected at random and notified within 24 hours of the contest ending. Winner must correctly answer a skill testing question and respond within 48 hours of initial email or a new winner will be chosen.