This Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Dip is perfect for game day, movie night, an appetizer or a casual dinner! It’s creamy, cheesy, and made from scratch! Perfect with crusty bread or vegetables.
I first shared this recipe on The Recipe Critic.
So, I know that you know this already, but I’m a little bit picky.
I like the things I like and I’m not always super adventurous when it comes to the food I eat. But comfort food? You could say it’s my forte.
As far as dips go, I’m usually not a fan. I don’t like dressings, or sour cream, or mayo, or any of the things that dips are generally made from. But this one I think I could eat just with a spoon!
It’s made with a homemade Alfredo sauce (which is super easy and totally worth the extra 10 minutes!), cream cheese, extra cheese, and chicken. If you serve it up with crusty bread and some veggies, you can easily make it a complete meal!
One of the things I love about baked dips like this for a game day or entertaining is that they can be made completely ahead of time and just baked when you need them. They store so well in the refrigerator and really take a lot of the stress out of cooking for a whole bunch of people!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup 1% milk
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast (about 1 large breast)
- In a medium skillet, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth.
- Add salt, parsley, and garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add broth and milk and whisk until smooth. Cook over medium heat, whisking often, until thickened and smooth. Stir in Parmesan cheese and ½ cup mozzarella.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add Alfredo sauce and beat until smooth. Stir in chicken.
- Spread into a medium baking dish (1-1.5 quarts) and sprinkle with remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until bubbly and beginning to brown, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days until ready to bake. Serve with veggies, crackers and crusty bread.